Skipper's Key Requirements*
- Complete Venturing Leader Specific Training, No 33491C.
- Complete Sea Scouting leader's specialized training.
- Complete a boating safety course offered by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, U.S. Power Squadron, or
- Complete three years of registered tenure as a Skipper within a five-year period.
- At least twice during the three-year period serve as the Skipper of a ship earning the National Quality
Unit Award or its equivalent.
*NOTE: This web page is not the official description of the award.