Outdoor Activity Chair
This position helps the youth develop a love for the outdoors. Specifically, the outdoor activity chair
- Help the Cubmaster plan and arrange for outdoor activities.
- Arrange for property, fire, and tour permits when required.
- Arrange for safe transportation when needed.
- Plan first aid for emergencies.
- Help Webelos den leaders plan overnight campouts. Help arrange for equipment as needed.
- Arrange for Safe Swim Defense implementation for all outings involving swimming.
- Plan outings to help pack and dens qualify for the National Summertime Pack Award.
- Help inform parents and guardians about opportunities for family camping. Ensure that at least one adult
has completed Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) before any pack campout.
- Help promote day camp and resident camp opportunities.
- Be aware of BSA health and safety requirements, and see that they are implemented.
- Know and carry out BSA outdoor program policy related to Cub Scouting. Review all activities to ensure
that unit leaders comply with BSA policies in the
Guide to Safe Scouting.