Friends of Scouting (FOS) Chair
The San Diego-Imperial Council relies heavily on units to raise Friends of Scouting (FOS) funds. The
following functions are the responsibility of the FOS chair in cooperation with the treasurer.
- Build an organization to enroll family members and Cub Scout leaders in FOS.
- Enroll as a Friend of Scouting.
- For every five families in the pack, recruit one person as an enroller.
- Attend an FOS kickoff meeting.
- Enroll each enroller as a Friend of Scouting.
- Train enrollers.
- Conduct report meetings.
- Follow up until all FOS cards have been accounted for.
- Give recognition to contributors and enrollers.
- Along with the pack committee, provide public relations for FOS.